Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A STAR FELL FROM THE SKY

A star fell from the sky
on a dark rainy night
She screamed so hard,
so loud to her stary friends for rescue
but the speed of her fall made it venturesome
She landed in a large mud puddle
in a city suburb
Quickly, she layered herself with mud
not to draw attention to her shininess
A street child had seen it all
and was not afraid when he approached her,
limping
"Why are you sad?" he asked the star
"I thought you can fly back into the sky"
The star looked away,
silver tears running down her cheeks
"Why are you sad?"
The child came closer until he was able
to lay a painfully thin hand
on the star's shoulder
She found comfort in his touch
and in a sad tone, she replied,
"Because I'm not a star anymore"
"I don't understand," the boy said.
Turning away this time like in shame,
the star stammered, "I...I... lost my wings"
that's when it dawned to the boy
that the visible glow under the cake of mud
was dimming
"No...no...you're not dying," he cried
"I have just found you."
The star smiled because in his fear,
she had found her answer
"My wings gave me life"
She touched the boy's stomach and
the strangling pain he had been feeling
for the past three months went away
"And I'm giving it to you."
The boy was dumbfounded
even when her body shattered into silver dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment