Thursday, February 23, 2012

MEANDERING THROUGH A BROKEN HEART

I'm standing here waiting for Cupid again
My dreams all paralyzed
because an angel took my love away
Crying silently each night
Standing in the ferocity of a love lost
Sometimes when I close my eyes
I wish it could all just disappear
But what I really want is to get up and scream
I want to run away like I never knew you
Yet I find myself following you among the shadows
trying to understand why you're so cruel
I walked on the sidelines of your life
until you threw me in the open road
So don't ask why I have sad eyes
It's hard to take courage after a heart breaks
I will hurt less with time though
because now I know nothing has ever been
built to last.
The truth is we made such a good story
the reality is we have no great ending

No comments:

Post a Comment